I don’t do resolutions, but I have noticed some things in my life that could use some alteration. Of course, I promise nothing, but it’s nice to think about trying.
- Stop with the soda. I quit drinking pop in college and that was a good idea that lasted about 5 years. Even though I stopped, I proved to myself that I can do it, so why the heck not try it again? I don’t need that crap, really.
- Chew my food. There’s a buttload of research somewhere that says that if you eat slowly, a lot of good things happen. Unfortunately, I’ve gotten a reputation for wolfing things down to the point that I simply don’t chew things, which is…sort of retarded.
- No S Diet. This didn’t work well the first time I tried it because boxes of chocolates are good. This won’t work this time because I still have zero resolve. So why do it? Because I still think it’s the most logical thing I’ve ever heard of and I like setting idealist goals for myself just in case I surprise myself and actually achieve them.
- Exercise. Period. Not 3 times a week (although that’d be nice), not a 5K, not 30 crunches a night. Just exercise at some point every week. If I can do something that clearly qualifies as putting effort towards exercising, I’m still better off than I was last year.
- One fancy coffee a month. This isn’t a big deal. I can’t afford Starbucks half the time anyway. But I like having a limit.
I’m sure there are tons of other things I could be doing to improve myself, but as a Pessimist, this is the best I can do for the moment. And hey, I just did 30 crunches! How about that?